Monday, May 11, 2009

[Movie] Once





Love. I've fallen, I've broken, I've sought, I've found, I've lost. Who hasn't? Some might have regained. Some not. But i bet you never forget that very second you look into those passionate eyes. The touch of both fingers knotted. Deep in conversations. Caressed in love. Yes, you know it so well.

Its the similar magnificent feeling from this movie yet different in a way. It touched me as the songs revealed from a guy who sing on the streets of Ireland. Left out in a relationships, broken hearted.



I'm scratching at the surface now
And I'm trying hard to work it out
So much has gone misunderstood
This mystery only leads to doubt



And as he sings, a Checzh immigrant girl passed by tipped him 10 cents. From that single meeting comes one after another, and it goes as romantic as one could imagine. One finds another. One loves another. The guy apparently fall over the girl. The girl finds joy in him. Yet the space is there. Both ends up reciting song in a music store. The guy on guitar. The girl on piano. The girl shared days with the guy in realizing his dreams. And there it is, the agony of love, she's right there with him, yet she's afar, and the only place where they could knot is through the melodies. And as the song goes ..



I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out



Have a look at the song Falling Slowly in Youtube. It reminded me on the bright shiny rainbow days. =D The movie ended with a striking closure. I didn't expect that, and it's for you to find out. A very delicate work for a movie done in 17 days. Awarded for the Best Original Score in 2008 Academy Award. Truly truly recommended for everyone. I might be biased as I'm a melancholic guy, I thirst for these kind of movies, but, enough for the words. Watch it then comment me, or ask me, I'll pass it for you to watch it.

So, how often do you find the right person? Once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics