Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sea Circus Seminyak Bali : Eyecandy!




Bright colors, flowers and striking contrast.

This little shack off Oberoi, Seminyak knows how to make a statement from the seemingly similar eateries in the neighborhood. The first time I lay eyes on her was in my friend's photos. It was love at first sight. I was on the hook. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, chase her up and finally made it here few months ago with a bunch of hardcore foodie, Jenz, Jie, and the quick learner travel blogger, Vira.

Arriving in the afternoon, with a quarter-full belly we ordered a few drinks and light bites to justify coming here. Haha. A Skinny Dip (pineapple & mint) because Jenz actually feeling like doing so, Bloody Shame (virgin bloody mary) because I was feeling a bit brutal, and the cool, calm, composed Jie had a cup of Cappucino as usual. I didn't quite enjoy my drink. I find it weird having a spicy aftertaste on a glass of juice. Tried Jenz' as well but I have to quit halfway. Not a big fan of minty drinks. I'm a big believer that mints only deserve to be in either candies or toothpaste.

Skinny Dip (IDR 25k) 

Bloody Shame (25k)

Cappucino (IDR 26k)


In the sharing plate was a portion of churros with chocolate dip. Marvelous. Close to the one I had back in Sydney's favorite San Churro Chocolateria in Glebe.

And finally on the confused corner was Vira. As a travel blogger, her first encounter with us, three foreign creatures who doesn't seem to ever get full astound her so much that she put it into one of her blogpost here. Its interesting to hear her point of view, and how much our world actually coincide but we naturally pay attention to different part of an experience that matter the most to us individually.

Churros w/ Chocolate Dip (IDR 45k)





For me that one visit was unfinished. I have yet to taste their lunch and dinner courses. I guess, I can wait. Let's keep it interesting. I'll unravel your other layers next time, but I must admit, you're an eyecandy.

Bali, you never cease to amaze me.

Cheers,

Fellexandro Ruby
Food Photographer & Storyteller

--- 
Sea Circus
Jalan Kayu Aya (Oberoi Rd) No. 22
Ph: (0361) 738667
T: @SeacircusBali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics